Real Time Counter

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

DANCING THROUGH ADAM By Adam Cerny

DANCING THROUGH ADAM

By Adam Cerny

I found this quote from German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, about dancing:

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

This struck a chord with me. I hear so many generic, "Dance as if no one is watching" quotes. The topic doesn't feel important anymore. It should be, though! Some of the oldest forms of human communication include dancing and making sounds. Drawing, painting, dancing, acting, and using symbols were also utilized. 

Dancing was the staple of rituals, ancient gatherings, and social interactions. Dance has the ability to express a religious practice. Entertainment, seduction, emotion, and pure communication are other sole purposes. 

I wanted to have some fun with this video, as I've been a dancer for many years. I was a competitive gymnast for 12 years. This helped me transition into doing dancing. I decided that theatre arts and performing were going to be in my future. Many people just know me as an actor, singer, and social media guru. I thought it'd be different to show a side that maybe no one has seen before.

I used specific movement, images, and sound to create an aesthetic where one feels inside my head. Everything is intentional. Most of all, I had a lot of fun making this video! I hope you enjoy this visual treat. 

Thank you so much for reading + watching! Truly. ☮💖

-ADAM xoxo

JUNE 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment